UPDATE 7/30/21: We will continue car-side service while the spike of COVID-19 infections continue. We allow clients to come in for euthanasia appointments and instructing clients for some at home medications and/or treatments. Thank you for your patience.
Please respect these procedures for all hospital visits including exams, prescriptions, and food.
- Please stay home if you are ill, caring for an ill person, or have been exposed to the COVID-19 virus.
- We are providing car-side service for food and prescriptions, doctor and tech appointments.
- When you arrive, wait in vehicle and call 503-253-2142.
- We will bring food and prescription orders to you after payment.
- For doctor appointments, a staff member will speak to you on the phone before picking up your pet and after the exam is finished.
- Owners remain in their vehicle during the appointment. To provide maximum shade during hot weather, the parking spaces farthest from Halsey are reserved for appointments.
- We prefer payment with credit cards over the phone, and we also take checks and cash.
Tuesday through Friday 8am – 6pm.
New clients: Our doctor appointments are booked out for some time, and we are focusing on serving our current clients. Please contact us if you have been a client of East Portland Animal Hospital, but we are not able to add new clients to our schedule unless you are transitioning from this recently closed hospital. We may be able to accommodate some new clients for nail trims, cold laser treatments, and anal gland expressions.
The staff at Gateway Veterinary Hospital are committed to providing a safe experience for you and your pet. While we remain open despite the COVID-19 crisis, please help keep our environment safe by washing your hands, practicing social distancing, and following our COVID-19 protocol.
Medications or food for your pet can be ordered through our online pharmacy, or order food through Hills to Home. Call us at 503-253-2142 or email if we have recommended a prescription food for your pet, and we will to add that to your Hills to Home profile.
Gateway Veterinary Hospital staff are grateful for your continued patronage and support. We wish you and your loved ones health and well being.